Sunday, May 20, 2007

WHAT’S IN A NAME?

But once you think of it, it’s not that bad to live with such a name. Like it or hate it one thing you cant do is ignore my name. It may not sound that good but it surely is unique.
So when you shout out aloud my name in a crowd be rest assured that only I head will turn around in respond (provided off course I am there) but that may not be the case for other so called ‘beautiful names’.

Also I don’t have to add strange prefixes or postfixes to my name to get registered into any happening web service.(e-mail, messengers etc). For others it may have to be ajay123 or 123vijay but for me a simple Bidu does the trick. No hiccups here.

But I must say, I truly appreciated the value of my name once I typed in the words bidu prakash das (within double quotes) into google search engines.
I returned zero hits.
Yes you read it right zero hits.

Hear I am using the most powerful search engine in the world, the same engine which is at par with the printing press or steam engine as great inventions which have affected and changed the way we live our everyday lives, that one invention which gave two non political, non military Stanford graduates the power to revolutionize the world bowing down in front of my NAME. All my friends’ name returned some hit or the other but not mine. It lost my name won.
The thing that I could make out from this discovery was that I have a barren land, which no one has discovered till date. It is mine for the taking. If I think straight and work hard I can carve a niche for myself which will be totally my own. So thank you mom and dad for giving me this name and allowing me to truly make a unique ‘name’ for myself.

So in my conclusion I think I have realized that irrespective of one’s birth name each one should strive for a name beyond alphabets and one made on the foundation of accomplishment and recognition…. so STRIVE ON

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

really nice....
n YES!! your name as unique as your personality...
But you know what, the so called defeat of google search engine is a temporary one...because once you get famous i'm damn sure ur name will b as common as sachin, rahul etc. are...
gud wishes to you..

Anyanya said...

Dats gud!
yaa,it realy is
bcz 1 shud bliv in givin his/her name d meanin.
don let your name 2 giv u the meanin of lif
rather giv ur name a unique meanin by proving urself