Thursday, March 22, 2007

THE APPLICATION

MY lovable institute is up to its old tricks again making us do the most illogical activities which has no practical implications attached whatsoever.
This time around we students who had missed any of their classes on the 1st or 2nd of March are suppose to write an application justifying their this heinous crime. We are required to submit it with our respective teachers.
On 2nd we had only a single lecture, having finally realized that MID-SEM was rearing its ugly face over us the majority of the class didn’t show up.(But almost all showed up in CP or MX fanatically searching for tuite sheet sols…..)
So on the first day after midsem we got our rude shock. We were supposed to write the dam thing and submit it then and there. Synchronous sounds of pages being torn filled the air. All of started banging our heads hard, desperately trying to remember the great art of writing an ‘APPLICATION’. It was a crisis. I firmly believe that panic leads to humor. The actions which followed reaffirmed my faith.
In the small time frame given to us we filled our blank papers’ with some ink and submitted it. I being seated in the first row was forced to keep turning back and collect the applications which were being passed on from behind. I passed them on but not before having a sneak peak of the reason provided.
They came in all sizes and forms and finally left me gasping for air.
We obviously had the usual alibis-‘I had fever/cold/migraine…..’. Some went a step ahead and wrote that they even had the med-cert and will be more than happy to provide it if required. May be they were trying reverse psychology-if they say they have I they won’t be asked to provide it.
Some said that they had stomach ache and added that the reason for their sorry state was the uneatable mess food. Talk about killing two birds with one stone.
One was truly outrageous-‘Sir as I had more than 75% attendance, I felt no need to attend the class’. Talk about sticking it in your face. Courageous or foolish you decide.
Another one said , as I desperately had to go to the loo and the institute levorotary made me(I think all) nauseous I had no option but to go back to my hostel.
But this one had to the show stealer –‘As 2nd was the last working day before Holi , I was fully aware of a possible holi bash. Afraid of this I decided to hide myself in the safe vicinities of my hostel room’.
One can make that some of the outrageous alibis were intentionally written that way. A way of getting back …..i guess. But one can’t help to imagine if actually these were true reasons.
Weird but very hilarious.
PS-None mentioned about bunking class to prepare for midsem.

No comments: