Tuesday, June 12, 2007

POWER OF LETTERS

Ek letter, ek letter …admi ko helpless kar de ta hai…

Shakespeare couldn’t agree more. So will William Wordsworth. As his name suggests words are very worthy.

Alphabets constitute logic, reason, contradiction, announcement and all others humanly practices. They are the building blocks of all our motions, communications and exercises. They form words and words form LIFE.
So it will be very true to say that our very existence depends on letters and the way we manipulate their uses.

Letters give us the power to communicate our deepest thoughts in the most powerful or powerless way (depending on its use), they also allow diplomats to shape world politics for better as well as for worst, they are used to ingrain the most noble or most evil thoughts into the absorptive mind of the youth, they can be used to persuade the world into following tolerance, nonviolence or can be used to spread hatred and cause havoc.

Such is the power of letters.

My institute has realized this a little to well and as constituted an ingenious way to display the power of letters.

Grade Point Analysis (G.P.A) is how I had a first hand realization of this solemn truth.

A single letter decides how good or bad I am, my existence as an engineer begins and ends there. That’s all that I am worth. So when I got a ‘D’ slapped across my face I realized how mortal I am.

“A ‘D’…how can this be? Is the alphabet D written like the way it is written in my GPA card? It can’t be?”
But it was. I had got a ‘D’ (read doom). May be I was being over speculative. Surely a single letter can’t define my existence? But for now it did.

One bloody letter was telling me, rather asserting the fact (it seemed like a fact) that all my dreams, hopes, ambitions were not nonexistent.
It was as if this letter constituted my greatest fears and apprehensions, which was all coming true now. I had never given the letter D much importance but now it had ascertained itself in a way that forced me to bow down and pay homage. Never had I conceded defeat to any mortal but now a letter had defeated me, comprehensibly.

Now I realize why alphabets are said to be the atoms of our existence.
My readers are free to conclude that this description is too melodramatic but it was what a felt once I saw that ‘D’, which further signifies the POWER OF LETTERS

No comments: